- Board Meetings
- Agenda Items
Meetings of the Board of Directors
Click the Agenda Items tab above for Board packet information
The Board of Directors of Upper Trinity Regional Water District hold regular meetings, typically on the first Thursday of each month. Normally, the meeting starts at 1:00 PM. Residents have an opportunity to speak to the Board of Directors regarding items on the agenda during a period at the beginning of each meeting. In addition, residents may speak on other items at the end of the meeting.
The official agenda for each meeting of the Board of Directors is posted at the Denton County Courthouse and at the Offices of the District. The electronic copy contained herein is provided for general information only. In the event of a discrepancy between the electronic version and the posted agenda, the posted agenda shall prevail.
To download an individual item, please click the highlighted item.
NOTICE OF MEETING
UPPER TRINITY REGIONAL WATER DISTRICT
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2017 AT 12:30 P.M.
UPPER TRINITY REGIONAL WATER DISTRICT
BOARD MEETING ROOM
900 N. KEALY
LEWISVILLE, TX 75057
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that there will be a Board Meeting of the Upper Trinity Regional Water District at the above date, time, and location. The matters to be considered and acted
upon at the Board Meeting are set forth below:
WORK SESSION - - To discuss agenda items and related matters of interest to the Board of Directors.
REGULAR SESSION BOARD MEETING
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call and confirm Quorum
3. Pledge of Allegiance and Invocation
4. Opening Remarks:
A. President’s Remarks concerning current events, conduct of the meeting, posted agenda items, committee assignments, and related matters.
B. Executive Director’s Status Report about legislation and regulatory matters, about budgets, current projects and on-going programs of the District, including: the Regional Water System, Water Resource Development, Regional Water Reclamation Systems, Watershed Protection and Water Conservation.
C. Presentations about awards, recognitions, achievements, etc. of the District, Board Members, Member Entities and Staff.
- Visitor Comments Concerning Agenda Topics. (Residents who desire to address the Board must complete a Speaker’s Request Form and return it to the Board Secretary. Each speaker will be limited to three (3) minutes per agenda topic. To enable the conduct of business and to allow all topics to be covered, the President may limit the number of speakers per agenda item.)
CONSENT AGENDA *
- Adopt minutes of September 7, 2017 Board Meeting.
- Accept Monthly Management Report for the period ended August 31, 2017.
- Authorize the Executive Director to sign engagement letter with Deloitte & Touche LLP to conduct the District’s FY 2017 annual financial audit.
- Authorize the Executive Director to enter into a pricing agreement with Chemtrade Chemicals US LLC for the purchase of Aluminum Sulfate.
- Authorize advertising for bids for installation of three new pumps with variable frequency drives and associated piping improvements at Harpool Water Treatment Plant.
- Authorize advertising for bids for phase one pipeline relocations and adjustments related to TxDOT road improvements along FM 720.
- Authorize the Executive Director to enter into a pricing agreement to provide HVAC/Electrical services, with Concord Commercial Services, Inc. as the primary vendor and Russell Madden, Inc., as the secondary vendor for a period of 12 months, beginning October 15, 2017.
- Adopt proclamation in honor of Veterans Day on November 11, 2017.
* Any Board Member may request an item on the Consent Agenda to be taken up for individual consideration
ITEMS FOR INDIVIDUAL CONSIDERATION
- Consider resolution authorizing acceptance of completed work, final payment and release of retainage for construction contract awarded to Gracon Construction, Inc. for construction of improvements to ultraviolet disinfection system at Peninsula Water Reclamation Plant. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Consider approval of Task Order No. 6 to existing contract with Carollo Engineers, Inc. related to design, bidding and construction phase services for filter repairs and rehabilitation at the Taylor Regional Water Treatment Plant. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Authorize the Executive Director to enter into purchase agreements: (Weighted Capital Vote)
A. With Xylem Water Solutions USA, Inc. to ratify emergency purchase of one new replacement pump for the Lantana Lift Station for a total cost of $74,587.00; and, emergency repair of one existing pump for a total cost of $33,085.20.
B. With Xylem Water Solutions USA, Inc. for the purchase of one Flygt pump for the Lantana Lift Station for a total cost of $66,587.
C. With Southwest International Trucks, Inc. in the amount of $175,832.98 for the purchase of International 7300 crane truck, with Stellar 12630 Crane Package.
D. With Deere & Company and RDO Equipment, Inc. in the amount of $101,026.70 for the purchase of a 4l0L John Deere backhoe.
E. With Palomar Modular Buildings, LLC. in the amount of $66,644.00 for purchase of a manufactured building to provide needed office space at the Harpool Water Treatment Plant.
F. With SEL Engineering Services, Inc. (second low bidder) for Protection Relay Installation and Programming Services, and to withdraw the Board's prior authorization to enter into a similar purchase agreement with GE Grid Solutions (low bidder).
- Receive Staff report related to the condition assessment prepared by Garver, LLC of two District facilities (Burl Street Lift Station and Water Intake Pump Station).
- Executive Session concerning granting or acquisition of easements, rights-of-way and other property for Water Resource Development, for Regional Treated Water System or for Regional Water Reclamation Systems according to location maps of the projects available in the District Office, and regarding water rights and related permits pursuant to Texas Government Code, Section 551.072; and, meeting with legal counsel pursuant to Texas Government Code, Section 551.071 relative to a matter in which the attorney is required under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct to convey advice in Executive Session.
- Consider action on property matters, some of which may have been discussed in Executive Session. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Approve Resolution deeming necessity and authorizing acquisition of property including exercising the Power of Eminent Domain for construction of water pipeline relocations for TxDOT FM 720 widening project. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Review potential agenda items, activities and announcements for future Board meetings.
- Visitor Comments Concerning Non-Agenda Topics. (Residents who desire to address the Board must complete a Speaker’s Request Form and return it to the Board Secretary. Each speaker will be limited to three (3) minutes. To provide all visitors an opportunity to speak, the President may request speakers to avoid repetitious remarks. In accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Members of the Board are not authorized to discuss items not on the posted agenda.)