- Board Meetings
- Agenda Items
Meetings of the Board of Directors
Click the Agenda Items tab above for Board packet information
The Board of Directors of Upper Trinity Regional Water District hold regular meetings, typically on the first Thursday of each month. Normally, the meeting starts at 1:00 PM. Residents have an opportunity to speak to the Board of Directors regarding items on the agenda during a period at the beginning of each meeting. In addition, residents may speak on other items at the end of the meeting.
The official agenda for each meeting of the Board of Directors is posted at the Denton County Courthouse and at the Offices of the District. The electronic copy contained herein is provided for general information only. In the event of a discrepancy between the electronic version and the posted agenda, the posted agenda shall prevail.
To download an individual item, please click the highlighted item.
NOTICE OF MEETING
UPPER TRINITY REGIONAL WATER DISTRICT
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
THURSDAY, APRIL 5, 2018 AT 12:30 P.M.
UPPER TRINITY REGIONAL WATER DISTRICT
BOARD MEETING ROOM
900 N. KEALY
LEWISVILLE, TX 75057
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that there will be a Board Meeting of the Upper Trinity Regional Water District at the above date, time, and location. The matters to be considered and acted
upon at the Board Meeting are set forth below:
WORK SESSION - - To discuss agenda items and related matters of interest to the Board of Directors.
A. Report from Audit Committee and Staff.
B. Briefing concerning FY2017 Audit results by Deloitte & Touche, Independent Auditors
C. Staff Overview of Recommended Mid-Year Budget Adjustments – O&M/CIP
REGULAR SESSION BOARD MEETING
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call and confirm Quorum
3. Pledge of Allegiance and Invocation
4. Opening Remarks:
A. President’s Remarks concerning current events, conduct of the meeting, posted agenda items, committee assignments, and related matters.
B. Executive Director’s Status Report about legislation and regulatory matters, about budgets, current projects and on-going programs of the District, including: the Regional Water System, Water Resource Development, Regional Water Reclamation Systems, Watershed Protection and Water Conservation.
C. Presentations about awards, recognitions, achievements, etc. of the District, Board Members, Member Entities and Staff.
- Visitor Comments Concerning Agenda Topics. (Residents who desire to address the Board must complete a Speaker’s Request Form and return it to the Board Secretary. Each speaker will be limited to three (3) minutes per agenda topic. To enable the conduct of business and to allow all topics to be covered, the President may limit the number of speakers per agenda item.)
CONSENT AGENDA *
- Adopt minutes of March 1, 2018 Board Meeting.
- Accept Monthly Management Report for the period ended February 28, 2018.
- Consider Adoption of a Resolution to Approve Mid-Year Budget Amendments.
- Accept Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) and related documents for Fiscal Year Ended September 30, 2017, including:
A. Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR)
B. Audit Report prepared by Deloitte & Touche, Independent Auditors.
C. Auditors Report to Management (the Management Letter).
* Any Board Member may request an item on the Consent Agenda to be taken up for individual consideration
ITEMS FOR INDIVIDUAL CONSIDERATION
- Approval of Resolution to authorize certain updates required by IRS and renewal of the ICMA-RC 457 Agreement for Governmental Deferred Compensation Retirement Plan Adoption to incorporate certain legislative and regulatory amendments.
- Authorize the Executive Director to enter into an Interlocal Agreement to join the TIPS Purchasing Cooperative Program for the purchase of various commodities and services.
- Authorize the Executive Director to enter into a Pricing Agreement with Ion Wave Technologies for the purchase of a software subscription to provide a centralized system for bidding process and management of purchasing contracts.
- Authorize Agreement with City of Aubrey for participation in program for collection of Household Hazardous Waste.
- Authorize Executive Director to enter into a price agreement with Audience Group for media advertising related to the District’s Water Conservation and Watershed Protection education and outreach programs.
- Consider approval of agreements for professional services for Lake Ralph Hall: (Weighted Capital Vote)
A. Contract and Task Order No. 1 with Freese and Nichols, Inc. related to design of the Dam & Spillway for Lake Ralph Hall.
B. Contract and Task Order No. 1 with Alan Plummer Associates, Inc. related to design of proposed Mitigation for Lake Ralph Hall.
- Authorize Executive Director to enter into a Purchasing Agreement with Pure Technologies U.S., Inc., using their proprietary technology for inspection and analysis of fittings, appurtenances, leaks and air pockets on Lakeview Water Reclamation System force mains and connections near Swisher Road and IH35E. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Consider approval of Contract and Task Order No. 1 with Garver, LLC. related to design, bidding and construction phase services for the Regional Treated Water System - - for certain Meter, Valve, Tank and Pipeline Improvements. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Executive Session concerning granting or acquisition of easements, rights-of-way and other property for Water Resource Development, for Regional Treated Water System or for Regional Water Reclamation Systems according to location maps of the projects available in the District Office, and regarding water rights and related permits pursuant to Texas Government Code, Section 551.072; and, meeting with legal counsel pursuant to Texas Government Code, Section 551.071 relative to a matter in which the attorney is required under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct to convey advice in Executive Session.
- Consider action on property matters, some of which may have been discussed in Executive Session. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Review potential agenda items, activities and announcements for future Board meetings.
- Visitor Comments Concerning Non-Agenda Topics. (Residents who desire to address the Board must complete a Speaker’s Request Form and return it to the Board Secretary. Each speaker will be limited to three (3) minutes. To provide all visitors an opportunity to speak, the President may request speakers to avoid repetitious remarks. In accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Members of the Board are not authorized to discuss items not on the posted agenda.)