- Board Meetings
- Agenda Items
Meetings of the Board of Directors
Click the Agenda Items tab above for Board packet information
The Board of Directors of Upper Trinity Regional Water District hold regular meetings, typically on the first Thursday of each month. Normally, the meeting starts at 1:00 PM. Residents have an opportunity to speak to the Board of Directors regarding items on the agenda during a period at the beginning of each meeting. In addition, residents may speak on other items at the end of the meeting.
The official agenda for each meeting of the Board of Directors is posted at the Denton County Courthouse and at the Offices of the District. The electronic copy contained herein is provided for general information only. In the event of a discrepancy between the electronic version and the posted agenda, the posted agenda shall prevail.
To download an individual item, please click the highlighted item.
NOTICE OF MEETING
UPPER TRINITY REGIONAL WATER DISTRICT
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
THURSDAY, June 1, 2017 AT 12:30 P.M.
UPPER TRINITY REGIONAL WATER DISTRICT
BOARD MEETING ROOM
900 N. KEALY
LEWISVILLE, TX 75057
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that there will be a Board Meeting of the Upper Trinity Regional Water District at the above date, time, and location. The matters to be considered and acted
upon at the Board Meeting are set forth below:
WORK SESSION - - To discuss agenda items and related matters of interest to the Board of Directors.
A. Overview of Preliminary Rates & Charges for FY2018
REGULAR SESSION BOARD MEETING
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call and confirm Quorum
3. Remarks by President Vanzant - - passing of the Gavel to new President
4. Pledge of Allegiance and Invocation
5. Oath of Office for newly appointed Board Members
6. Opening Remarks:
A. President’s Remarks concerning conduct of the meeting, posted agenda items, committee assignments, and related matters.
B. Executive Director’s Status Report about legislation and regulatory matters, about budgets, current projects and on-going programs of the District, including: the Regional Water System, Water Resource Development, Regional Water Reclamation Systems, Watershed Protection and Water Conservation.
C. Presentations about awards, recognitions, achievements, etc. of the District, Board Members, Member Entities and Staff.
- Visitor Comments Concerning Agenda Topics. (Residents who desire to address the Board must complete a Speaker’s Request Form and return it to the Board Secretary. Each speaker will be limited to three (3) minutes per agenda topic. A thirty (30) minute allotment is set for all speakers on agenda topics. To enable the conduct of business and to allow all topics to be covered, the President may limit the number of speakers per agenda item.)
CONSENT AGENDA *
- Adopt minutes of May 4, 2017 Board Meeting.
- Accept Monthly Management Report for the period ended April 30, 2017.
- Authorize Staff to forward preliminary estimates of District fees and charges for next fiscal year to Members and Customers for budget planning purposes.
- Receive report of construction change orders approved by staff.
* Any Board Member may request an item on the Consent Agenda to be taken up for individual consideration
ITEMS FOR INDIVIDUAL CONSIDERATION
- Consider adoption of Resolution of Appreciation for Scott Ingalls and his service as a Member of the Board of Directors of Upper Trinity.
- Consider Resolution authorizing the issuance and sale of Upper Trinity Regional Water District Northeast Regional Water Reclamation System Revenue Bonds, Series 2017 in an aggregate principal amount of $23,990,000; providing for the security and payment thereof; awarding the sale thereof; authorizing the execution and delivery of a Paying Agent/Registrar Agreement and an Escrow Agreement; approving the Private Placement Memorandum with Texas Water Development Board; and enacting other provisions relating thereto. (Weighted Capital Vote)
Enclosure — Upper Trinity Regional Water District Northeast Regional Water Reclamation System Revenue Bonds Series 2017
- Consider Resolution authorizing the issuance of Upper Trinity Regional Water District Regional Treated Water Supply System Revenue Refunding Bonds (approximately $18.050 million), Series 2017; providing for the security and payment thereof; awarding the sale thereof; authorizing the execution and delivery of a Paying Agent/Registrar Agreement; approving the Official Statement; and enacting other provisions relating thereto. (Weighted Capital Vote)
Enclosure — Upper Trinity Regional Water District Regional Treated Water Supply System Revenue Refunding Bonds Series 2017
- Consider change order to existing construction contract to install additional casing on District pipelines crossing FM 2181 in advance of TxDOT widening project. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Consider approval of Contract and Task Order No. 1 with JQ Infrastructure, LLC for professional services related to: 1) design and construction of necessary improvements to pipelines along FM 720, and 2) reimbursement for easements taken by TxDOT along FM 720 as a result of TxDOT road improvements. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Authorize the Executive Director to enter into an agreement with Smith Pump Company, Inc. for the pre-purchase of three pumps, three motors and two transformers for the Phase 1B Harpool Plant treated water pump station now under design by the project’s consulting engineers. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Consider approval of Interlocal Agreement with City of Corinth regarding the City’s planned extension of Lake Sharon Drive over existing District easements, including making certain improvements to District’s existing water transmission pipeline.
- Executive Session concerning granting or acquisition of easements, rights-of-way and other property for Water Resource Development, for Regional Treated Water System or for Regional Water Reclamation Systems according to location maps of the projects available in the District Office, and regarding water rights and related permits pursuant to Texas Government Code, Section 551.072; and, meeting with legal counsel pursuant to Texas Government Code, Section 551.071 relative to a matter in which the attorney is required under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct to convey advice in Executive Session.
- Consider action on property matters, some of which may have been discussed in Executive Session. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Review potential agenda items, activities and announcements for future Board meetings.
- Visitor Comments Concerning Non-Agenda Topics. (Residents who desire to address the Board must complete a Speaker’s Request Form and return it to the Board Secretary. Each speaker will be limited to three (3) minutes. To provide all visitors an opportunity to speak, the President may request speakers to avoid repetitious remarks. In accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Members of the Board are not authorized to discuss items not on the posted agenda.)