- Board Meetings
- Agenda Items
Meetings of the Board of Directors
Click the Agenda Items tab above for Board packet information
The Board of Directors of Upper Trinity Regional Water District hold regular meetings, typically on the first Thursday of each month. Normally, the meeting starts at 1:00 PM. Residents have an opportunity to speak to the Board of Directors regarding items on the agenda during a period at the beginning of each meeting. In addition, residents may speak on other items at the end of the meeting.
The official agenda for each meeting of the Board of Directors is posted at the Denton County Courthouse and at the Offices of the District. The electronic copy contained herein is provided for general information only. In the event of a discrepancy between the electronic version and the posted agenda, the posted agenda shall prevail.
To download an individual item, please click the highlighted item.
NOTICE OF MEETING
UPPER TRINITY REGIONAL WATER DISTRICT
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
THURSDAY, AUGUST 2, 2018 AT 12:30 P.M.
UPPER TRINITY REGIONAL WATER DISTRICT
BOARD MEETING ROOM
900 N. KEALY
LEWISVILLE, TX 75057
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that there will be a Board Meeting of the Upper Trinity Regional Water District at the above date, time, and location. The matters to be considered and acted
upon at the Board Meeting are set forth below:
WORK SESSION - - To discuss agenda items and related matters of interest to the Board of Directors.
A. Review Preliminary O&M Budget for FY 2018 – 2019.
REGULAR SESSION BOARD MEETING
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call and confirm Quorum
3. Pledge of Allegiance and Invocation
4. Oath of Office
5. Opening Remarks:
A. President’s Remarks concerning current events, conduct of the meeting, posted agenda items, committee assignments, and related matters.
B. Executive Director’s Status Report about legislation and regulatory matters, about budgets, current projects and on-going programs of the District, including: the Regional Water System, Water Resource Development, Regional Water Reclamation Systems, Watershed Protection and Water Conservation.
C. Presentations about awards, recognitions, achievements, etc. of the District, Board Members, Member Entities and Staff.
- Visitor Comments Concerning Agenda Topics. (Residents who desire to address the Board must complete a Speaker’s Request Form and return it to the Board Secretary. Each speaker will be limited to three (3) minutes per agenda topic. To enable the conduct of business and to allow all topics to be covered, the President may limit the number of speakers per agenda item.)
CONSENT AGENDA *
- Adopt minutes of June 7, 2018 Board Meeting.
- Accept Monthly Management Report for the period ended June 30, 2018.
- Accept Quarterly Investment Report for the period ended June 30, 2018.
- Authorize the Executive Director to enter into a 3-year pricing agreement with Environmental Systems Research Institute, Inc. (Esri) for the purchase of a ArcGIS subscription for the District’s GIS System.
- Authorize the Executive Director to enter into a 3-year pricing agreement with Cartegraph Systems for the purchase of a software subscription and hosting services for the District’s Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Authorize the Executive Director to enter into pricing agreement with Gulbrandsen Technologies, Inc., for the purchase of Liquid Aluminum Chlorohydrate.
- Authorize the Executive Director to enter into an agreement with Hach Company for annual service plans for Hach process control instrumentation and lab equipment at each District Plant.
- Ratify Emergency Purchase Order to Process Solutions, Inc, in the amount of $53,002.25 for the repair of seven (7) 200 PPD Nova Cells for the Sodium Hypochlorite System at the Taylor Regional Water Treatment Plant.
- Authorize advertising for bids for second phase of pipeline relocations and adjustments related to TxDOT road improvements along FM 720.
- Consider action consenting to an amendment to the Interlocal Agreement between Mustang Special Utility District and Denton County Fresh Water Supply District No. 10 related to the transfer and assignment of water and wastewater service areas of a portion of FWSD No. 10 to Mustang.
- Consider nominating a representative to serve on the Coordinating Committee for the Denton County Greenbelt Plan.
* Any Board Member may request an item on the Consent Agenda to be taken up for individual consideration
ITEMS FOR INDIVIDUAL CONSIDERATION
- Consider Resolution of Appreciation for Dr. Janet Aune and her service as a Member of the Board of Directors.
- Consider approval of an Agreement with Argyle Water Supply Corporation to transfer Ownership of certain Joint Facilities previously used by the District to serve Customers in southwestern Denton County. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Consider contract matters related to project for expansion of Doe Branch Water Reclamation Plant. (Weighted Capital Vote)
A. Amendment to the contract with Town of Prosper to increase its subscribed capacity from 1.0 mgd to 1.25 mgd.
B. Amendment to the contract with City of Celina to increase its subscribed capacity from 0.665 mgd to 1.385 mgd.
C. Amendment to the contract with Mustang Special Utility District to increase its subscribed capacity from 0.20 mgd to 1.00 mgd.
D. Amendment to the contract with Denton County Fresh Water Supply District No. 10 to increase its subscribed capacity from 0.135 mgd to 0.365 mgd.
- Receive Facility Implementation Plan for Tom Harpool Regional Water Treatment Plant Improvements.
- Regarding change orders to filter improvements contract at Taylor Water Plant. (Weighted Capital Vote)
A. Ratify Emergency Change Order No. 1 to contract with Red River Construction Co. in the amount of $29,240.00 for additional Granular Activated Carbon (GAC) for filters at the Taylor WTP.
B. Consider approval of Change Order No. 2 to existing contract with Red River Construction Co. to install additional granular activated carbon needed in filters at the Taylor Water Treatment Plant.
- Executive Session concerning acquisition (or exchange) of easements, rights-of-way and other property for Water Resource Development, for Regional Treated Water System or for Regional Water Reclamation Systems according to location maps of the projects available in the District Office, and regarding water rights and related permits pursuant to Texas Government Code, Section 551.072; and, meeting with legal counsel pursuant to Texas Government Code, Section 551.071 relative to a matter in which the attorney is required under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct to convey advice in Executive Session.
- Consider action on property matters, some of which may have been discussed in Executive Session. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Review potential agenda items, activities and announcements for future Board meetings.
- Visitor Comments Concerning Non-Agenda Topics. (Residents who desire to address the Board must complete a Speaker’s Request Form and return it to the Board Secretary. Each speaker will be limited to three (3) minutes. To provide all visitors an opportunity to speak, the President may request speakers to avoid repetitious remarks. In accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Members of the Board are not authorized to discuss items not on the posted agenda.)