- Board Meetings
- Agenda Items
Meetings of the Board of Directors
Click the Agenda Items tab above for Board packet information
The Board of Directors of Upper Trinity Regional Water District hold regular meetings, typically on the first Thursday of each month. Normally, the meeting starts at 1:00 PM. Residents have an opportunity to speak to the Board of Directors regarding items on the agenda during a period at the beginning of each meeting. In addition, residents may speak on other items at the end of the meeting.
The official agenda for each meeting of the Board of Directors is posted at the Denton County Courthouse and at the Offices of the District. The electronic copy contained herein is provided for general information only. In the event of a discrepancy between the electronic version and the posted agenda, the posted agenda shall prevail.
To download an individual item, please click the highlighted item.
NOTICE OF MEETING
UPPER TRINITY REGIONAL WATER DISTRICT
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 6, 2018 AT 12:30 P.M.
UPPER TRINITY REGIONAL WATER DISTRICT
BOARD MEETING ROOM
900 N. KEALY
LEWISVILLE, TX 75057
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that there will be a Board Meeting of the Upper Trinity Regional Water District at the above date, time, and location. The matters to be considered and acted
upon at the Board Meeting are set forth below:
WORK SESSION - - To discuss agenda items and related matters of interest to the Board of Directors.
A. Briefing: Proposed Operating Budgets & Rates (FY2018-2019)
B. Briefing: Proposed Capital Improvements Budget (FY2018-2019)
REGULAR SESSION BOARD MEETING
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call and confirm Quorum
3. Pledge of Allegiance and Invocation
4. Opening Remarks:
A. President’s Remarks concerning current events, conduct of the meeting, posted agenda items, committee assignments, and related matters.
B. Executive Director’s Status Report about legislation and regulatory matters, about budgets, current projects and on-going programs of the District, including: the Regional Water System, Water Resource Development, Regional Water Reclamation Systems, Watershed Protection and Water Conservation.
C. Presentations about awards, recognitions, achievements, etc. of the District, Board Members, Member Entities and Staff.
- Visitor Comments Concerning Agenda Topics. (Residents who desire to address the Board must complete a Speaker’s Request Form and return it to the Board Secretary. Each speaker will be limited to three (3) minutes per agenda topic. To enable the conduct of business and to allow all topics to be covered, the President may limit the number of speakers per agenda item.)
CONSENT AGENDA *
- Adopt minutes of August 2, 2018 Board Meeting.
- Accept Monthly Management Report for the period ended July 31, 2018.
- Approval of resolution to authorize the Executive Director to enter into a five-year administrative services agreement with ICMA Retirement Corporation (ICMA-RC) to continue to provide comprehensive retirement plan administration, investment and educational services for the District and employees.
- Authorize the Executive Director to enter into a purchasing agreement with ACT Pipe and Supply, Inc. and Core & Main for the purchase of ductile iron pipe and associated repair materials.
- Authorize the Executive Director to enter into a pricing agreement with Pace Analytical Services, LLC as the primary vendor and Oxidor Labs, LLC as the secondary vendor for Lab Testing Services.
* Any Board Member may request an item on the Consent Agenda to be taken up for individual consideration
ITEMS FOR INDIVIDUAL CONSIDERATION
- Consider Adoption of Rates for Services provided by the District:
A. Wholesale Rates for Regional Treated Water System.
B. Wholesale Rates for Lakeview Regional Water Reclamation System.
C. Wholesale Rates for Northeast Regional Water Reclamation System.
D. Wholesale Rates for Peninsula Water Reclamation Plant.
E. Wholesale Rates for Non-Potable Water Service.
F. Rates for Collection and Disposal of Household Hazardous Waste.
G. Administrative/Planning And Growth Program Fees (Approved By Budget Adoption).
- Consider Adoption of Budgets for Fiscal Year 2018-2019:
A. Operating Budgets
B. Capital Improvement Budgets
C. Budget for Upper Trinity Conservation Trust
- Receive presentation of 5-year rate forecast for the Regional Treated Water System.
- Consider approval of the Parameters Resolution for proposed sale of Revenue Bonds for approximately $26,500,000 to provide funds for approximately $12,250,000 for expansion of the Doe Branch Plant and approximately $14,250,000 of Refunding Bonds for the Northeast Regional Water Reclamation System. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Consider approval of Financing Agreement for $7,590,000 with the Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) for the Parallel Pipeline Project for the Regional Treated Water System. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Authorize extension of contract with Sulphur River Basin Authority for joint water resources planning. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Consider Resolution authorizing acceptance of completed work, approval of final change order, final payment and release of retainage for construction contract awarded to S.J. Louis Construction for Southwest Pipeline from Stone Hill Pump Station to west of Morriss Road in Flower Mound. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Consider approval of agreements for Tom Harpool Regional Water Treatment Plant:
A. Task Order No. 3 with Carollo Engineers, Inc. related to design, bidding and construction phase services for additional Membranes, Plant CIP tank, hypochlorite tank and electrical system improvements at the Harpool WTP.
B. Authorize Executive Director to enter into membrane limited Design Services Agreement with Suez.
- Consider approval of Change Order No. 1 to existing construction contract with Atkin’s Brothers Construction Co. for pipeline relocations along FM 720. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Executive Session concerning granting or acquisition of easements, rights-of-way and other property for Water Resource Development or for Regional Treated Water System, pursuant to Texas Government Code, Section 551.072, according to location maps of the projects available in the District Office; and regarding water rights and related permits; for discussion of security matters pursuant to Texas Government Code, Section 551.076; and, regarding General Counsel and Executive Director’s review of legal implications for the relocation of a District water pipeline; and, meeting with legal counsel pursuant to Texas Government Code, Section 551.071, relative to a matter in which the attorney is required under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct to convey advice in Executive Session.
- Consider action on property matters, some of which may have been discussed in Executive Session. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Review potential agenda items, activities and announcements for future Board meetings.
- Visitor Comments Concerning Non-Agenda Topics. (Residents who desire to address the Board must complete a Speaker’s Request Form and return it to the Board Secretary. Each speaker will be limited to three (3) minutes. To provide all visitors an opportunity to speak, the President may request speakers to avoid repetitious remarks. In accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Members of the Board are not authorized to discuss items not on the posted agenda.)