- Board Meetings
- Agenda Items
Meetings of the Board of Directors
Click the Agenda Items tab above for Board packet information
The Board of Directors of Upper Trinity Regional Water District hold regular meetings, typically on the first Thursday of each month. Normally, the meeting starts at 1:00 PM. Residents have an opportunity to speak to the Board of Directors regarding items on the agenda during a period at the beginning of each meeting. In addition, residents may speak on other items at the end of the meeting.
The official agenda for each meeting of the Board of Directors is posted at the Denton County Courthouse and at the Offices of the District. The electronic copy contained herein is provided for general information only. In the event of a discrepancy between the electronic version and the posted agenda, the posted agenda shall prevail.
To download an individual item, please click the highlighted item.
NOTICE OF MEETING
UPPER TRINITY REGIONAL WATER DISTRICT
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
THURSDAY, April 6, 2017 AT 12:30 P.M.
UPPER TRINITY REGIONAL WATER DISTRICT
BOARD MEETING ROOM
900 N. KEALY
LEWISVILLE, TX 75057
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that there will be a Board Meeting of the Upper Trinity Regional Water District at the above date, time, and location. The matters to be considered and acted
upon at the Board Meeting are set forth below:
WORK SESSION - - To discuss agenda items and related matters of interest to the Board of Directors.
A. Report from Audit Committee and Staff.
B. Presentation of FY2016 Audit results by Deloitte & Touche, Independent Auditors.
C. Discuss Recommended Mid-Year Budget Adjustments – O&M and CIP.
D. Overview of Financing (TWDB) for Expansion of Riverbend Plant.
E. Preliminary Budget Issues for FY2017-18.
REGULAR SESSION BOARD MEETING
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call and confirm Quorum
3. Pledge of Allegiance and Invocation
4. Oath of Office
5. Opening Remarks:
A. President’s Remarks concerning conduct of the meeting, posted agenda items, committee assignments, and related matters.
B. Executive Director’s Status Report about legislation and regulatory matters, about budgets, current projects and on-going programs of the District, including: the Regional Water System, Water Resource Development, Regional Water Reclamation Systems, Watershed Protection and Water Conservation.
C. Presentations about awards, recognitions, achievements, etc. of the District, Board Members, Member Entities and Staff.
- Visitor Comments Concerning Agenda Topics. (Residents who desire to address the Board must complete a Speaker’s Request Form and return it to the Board Secretary. Each speaker will be limited to three (3) minutes per agenda topic. A thirty (30) minute allotment is set for all speakers on agenda topics. To enable the conduct of business and to allow all topics to be covered, the President may limit the number of speakers per agenda item.)
CONSENT AGENDA *
- Adopt minutes of February 2, 2017 Board Meeting.
- Accept Monthly Management Report for the period ended February 28, 2017.
- Consider Adoption of Resolution to approve Mid-Year Budget Amendments.
- Accept Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) and related documents for Fiscal Year Ended September 30, 2016, including:
1. Governance Letter to Management.
2. FY 2016 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR)
3. Staff response to Governance Letter
- Authorize the Executive Director to enter into a one-year agreement with L J Power, Inc. for annual preventative maintenance and related testing and repair services for emergency generators at District facilities.
- Authorize the Executive Director to enter into two-year agreements with Xylem Water Solutions USA and UV Doctor Lamps, LLC for necessary parts and supplies to maintain ultraviolet disinfection systems at water reclamation plants.
- Authorize the Executive Director to enter into price agreements for purchase of bulk chemicals for the Regional Treated Water System.
- Authorize advertising for bids for construction of Equipment/Vehicle Storage Building.
- Receive report of construction change orders approved by Staff.
- Ratify Emergency Change Order No. 2 in contract with Felix Construction Company in the amount of $28,922.56 for added repairs found to be necessary in sedimentation basins at the Taylor Water Treatment Plant.
* Any Board Member may request an item on the Consent Agenda to be taken up for individual consideration
ITEMS FOR INDIVIDUAL CONSIDERATION
- Consider authorizing CMAR to award Bid Package No. 2 for Riverbend Water Reclamation Plant Expansion project. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Consider approval of the Financing Agreement with the Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) to provide for planned expansion and improvements to the Riverbend Water Reclamation Plant (Northeast Regional Water Reclamation System). (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Consider Resolution concerning the appointment of a Financing Team to prepare for the proposed issuance of Upper Trinity Regional Treated Water System Revenue Refunding Bonds; to refund a portion of the Commercial Paper debt for the Regional Treated Water System; authorize presentations to credit rating agencies, preparation of bond documents and a preliminary official statement.
- Consider approval of Task Orders for existing contracts with Alan Plummer Associates, Inc.: (Weighted Capital Vote)
A. Lakeview Plant - - Task Order No. 2 - - to provide water quality modeling and support for permitting activities for the Lakeview Plant TPDES Discharge Permit.
B. Taylor Plant - -Task Order No. 2 - - to evaluate and recommend options for sludge removal and disposal from the solids recycle pond at the Taylor WTP.
- Authorize the purchase of Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS), including the necessary services to merge existing data. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Consider Task Order No. 2 to existing contract with Black and Veatch Corporation to locate and add fiber optic lines and yard piping at treatment plant sites to the Geographic Information System (GIS) database; and, to assist the vendor for the new Computerized Maintenance Management System to integrate CMMS into GIS. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Executive Session concerning granting or acquisition of easements, rights-of-way and other property for Water Resource Development, for Regional Treated Water System or for Regional Water Reclamation Systems according to location maps of the projects available in the District Office, and regarding water rights and related permits pursuant to Texas Government Code, Section 551.072; and, meeting with legal counsel pursuant to Texas Government Code, Section 551.071 relative to a matter in which the attorney is required under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct to convey advice in Executive Session.
- Consider action on property matters, some of which may have been discussed in Executive Session. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Approve Resolution(s) deeming necessity and authorizing acquisition of property including exercising the Power of Eminent Domain: (Weighted Capital Vote)
A. For construction of water and wastewater pipelines, including the Harpool North Raw Water Storage Pipeline.
B. For construction of water pipeline relocation for TxDOT FM 2181 widening project.
- Authorize Staff, in coordination with the Finance Committee, to issue Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for Bank Depository Services.
- Review potential agenda items, activities and announcements for future Board meetings.
- Visitor Comments Concerning Non-Agenda Topics. (Residents who desire to address the Board must complete a Speaker’s Request Form and return it to the Board Secretary. Each speaker will be limited to three (3) minutes. To provide all visitors an opportunity to speak, the President may request speakers to avoid repetitious remarks. In accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Members of the Board are not authorized to discuss items not on the posted agenda.)