- Board Meetings
- Agenda Items
Meetings of the Board of Directors
Click the Agenda Items tab above for Board packet information
The Board of Directors of Upper Trinity Regional Water District hold regular meetings, typically on the first Thursday of each month. Normally, the meeting starts at 1:00 PM. Residents have an opportunity to speak to the Board of Directors regarding items on the agenda during a period at the beginning of each meeting. In addition, residents may speak on other items at the end of the meeting.
The official agenda for each meeting of the Board of Directors is posted at the Denton County Courthouse and at the Offices of the District. The electronic copy contained herein is provided for general information only. In the event of a discrepancy between the electronic version and the posted agenda, the posted agenda shall prevail.
NOTICE OF MEETING
UPPER TRINITY REGIONAL WATER DISTRICT
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
THURSDAY, MAY 2, 2019 AT 12:30 P.M.
UPPER TRINITY REGIONAL WATER DISTRICT
BOARD MEETING ROOM
900 N. KEALY
LEWISVILLE, TX 75057
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that there will be a Board Meeting of the Upper Trinity Regional Water District at the above date, time, and location. The matters to be considered and acted
upon at the Board Meeting are set forth below:
WORK SESSION - - To discuss agenda items and related matters of interest to the Board of Directors.
A. Staff Briefing on Extending the District’s RTWS Commercial Paper Program
REGULAR SESSION BOARD MEETING
- Call to Order
- Roll Call and confirm Quorum
- Pledge of Allegiance and Invocation
- Opening Remarks:
A. President’s Remarks concerning current events, conduct of the meeting, posted agenda items, committee assignments, and related matters.
B. Executive Director’s Status Report about legislation and regulatory matters, about budgets, current projects and on-going programs of the District, including: the Regional Water System, Water Resource Development, Regional Water Reclamation Systems, Watershed Protection and Water Conservation.
C. Presentations about awards, recognitions, achievements, etc. of the District, Board Members, Member Entities and Staff.
- Visitor Comments Concerning Agenda Topics. (Residents who desire to address the Board must complete a Speaker’s Request Form and return it to the Board Secretary. Each speaker will be limited to three (3) minutes per agenda topic. To enable the conduct of business and to allow all topics to be covered, the President may limit the number of speakers per agenda item.)
CONSENT AGENDA *
- Adopt minutes of April 11, 2019 Board Meeting.
- Accept Monthly Management Report for the period ended March 31, 2019.
- Accept Quarterly Investment Report for the period ended March 31, 2019.
- Consider Resolution concerning the appointment of a Financing Team to prepare for the issuance of Upper Trinity Regional Water District Regional Treated Water System Revenue Refunding Bonds; to refund a portion of the Commercial Paper debt for the Regional Treated Water System; authorize presentations to credit rating agencies, preparation of bond documents and a preliminary official statement.
- Receive report of construction change orders approved by staff.
- Approve budget amendment related to condition assessment and evaluation of Burl Street Lift Station corrosion issues in the Lakeview Regional Water Reclamation System.
- Authorize the Executive Director to enter into pricing agreement with Garrison Minerals, LLC for the purchase of Magnesium Hydroxide.
* Any Board Member may request an item on the Consent Agenda to be taken up for individual consideration.
ITEMS FOR INDIVIDUAL CONSIDERATION
- Consider Resolution of Appreciation for Jean Campbell and her service as a Member of the Board of Directors.
- Consider Resolution of Appreciation for Timothy S. Fisher and his service as a Member of the Board of Directors.
- Consider Resolution authorizing staff to file an application with the Texas Water Development Board for financial assistance in support of proposed Lake Ralph Hall Project.
- Consider approval of an Agreement and professional services contract for development of Lake Ralph Hall: (Weighted Capital Vote)
A. Resolution authorizing the Executive Director to execute the Programmatic Agreement required under Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act of 1966 (as amended) for the Lake Ralph Hall Project.
B. Task Order No. 3 to existing contract with CP&Y, Inc. for services related to surveying and mapping for the project.
- Consider the following matters related to the expansion of the Peninsula Water Reclamation Plant from 0.94 MGD to 2.0 MGD: (Weighted Capital Vote)
A. Amendment to Participating Member Contract with Mustang Special Utility District.
B. Task Order No. 2 with Alan Plummer Associates, Inc. related to design and construction services for Peninsula Water Reclamation Plant expansion from 0.94 MGD to 2.0 MGD.
- Receive briefing regarding pre-qualification of construction contractors for design, bid, build delivery method for the Doe Branch Water Reclamation Plant Expansion.
- Authorize the Executive Director to select an Electric Energy Service Provider, establish terms, conditions and rates, and enter into an Electric Energy Services Agreement according to specific parameters for electrical service for the Taylor Regional Water Plant and Intake, the Non-potable Water System and Lakeview Regional Water Reclamation System for an additional period of 24 to 49 months after April 30, 2023.
- Executive Session concerning acquisition (or exchange) of easements, rights-of-way and other property for Water Resource Development, for Regional Treated Water System or for Regional Water Reclamation Systems according to location maps of the projects available in the District Office, and regarding water rights and related permits pursuant to Texas Government Code, Section 551.072; and, meeting with legal counsel pursuant to Texas Government Code, Section 551.071 relative to a matter in which the attorney is required under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct to convey advice in Executive Session.
- Consider action on property matters, some of which may have been discussed in Executive Session. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Approve slate of nominees for consideration by Denton County Commissioners Court in making a new appointment to the Board of Directors for the Denton County At-Large seat recently vacated by Jean Campbell.
- Receive report of Nominating Committee and conduct election of Officers for the year beginning June 1, 2019.
- Review potential agenda items, activities and announcements for future Board meetings.
- Visitor Comments Concerning Non-Agenda Topics. (Residents who desire to address the Board must complete a Speaker’s Request Form and return it to the Board Secretary. Each speaker will be limited to three (3) minutes. To provide all visitors an opportunity to speak, the President may request speakers to avoid repetitious remarks. In accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Members of the Board are not authorized to discuss items not on the posted agenda.)