- Board Meetings
- Agenda Items
Meetings of the Board of Directors
Click the Agenda Items tab above for Board packet information
The Board of Directors of Upper Trinity Regional Water District hold regular meetings, typically on the first Thursday of each month. Normally, the meeting starts at 1:00 PM. Residents have an opportunity to speak to the Board of Directors regarding items on the agenda during a period at the beginning of each meeting. In addition, residents may speak on other items at the end of the meeting.
The official agenda for each meeting of the Board of Directors is posted at the Denton County Courthouse and at the Offices of the District. The electronic copy contained herein is provided for general information only. In the event of a discrepancy between the electronic version and the posted agenda, the posted agenda shall prevail.
To download an individual item, please click the highlighted item.
NOTICE OF MEETING
UPPER TRINITY REGIONAL WATER DISTRICT
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 6, 2018 AT 12:30 P.M.
UPPER TRINITY REGIONAL WATER DISTRICT
BOARD MEETING ROOM
900 N. KEALY
LEWISVILLE, TX 75057
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that there will be a Board Meeting of the Upper Trinity Regional Water District at the above date, time, and location. The matters to be considered and acted
upon at the Board Meeting are set forth below:
WORK SESSION - - To discuss agenda items and related matters of interest to the Board of Directors.
A. Staff briefing - - Ionwave Technologies online bidding program
REGULAR SESSION BOARD MEETING
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call and confirm Quorum
3. Pledge of Allegiance and Invocation
4. Opening Remarks:
A. President’s Remarks concerning current events, conduct of the meeting, posted agenda items, committee assignments, and related matters.
B. Executive Director’s Status Report about legislation and regulatory matters, about budgets, current projects and on-going programs of the District, including: the Regional Water System, Water Resource Development, Regional Water Reclamation Systems, Watershed Protection and Water Conservation.
C. Presentations about awards, recognitions, achievements, etc. of the District, Board Members, Member Entities and Staff.
- Visitor Comments Concerning Agenda Topics. (Residents who desire to address the Board must complete a Speaker’s Request Form and return it to the Board Secretary. Each speaker will be limited to three (3) minutes per agenda topic. To enable the conduct of business and to allow all topics to be covered, the President may limit the number of speakers per agenda item.)
CONSENT AGENDA *
- Adopt minutes of November 1, 2018 Board Meeting.
- Accept Quarterly Investment Report for the period ended September 30, 2018.
- Authorize Executive Director to enter into a lease agreement with City of Lewisville for the installation and operation of District’s microwave radio equipment on the City’s existing radio communication tower as part of the District’s communication system.
* Any Board Member may request an item on the Consent Agenda to be taken up for individual consideration.
ITEMS FOR INDIVIDUAL CONSIDERATION
- Consider approval of the Parameters Resolution for proposed sale of Revenue Bonds in a combined maximum amount of $32,000,000 to provide funds for approximately $17,500,000 for expansion of the Doe Branch Plant and approximately $14,500,000 of Refunding Bonds for the Northeast Regional Water Reclamation System. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Consider authorizing Staff to file an “Abridged Application” with the Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) for financial assistance for the Lake Ralph Hall Project.
- Consider approval of agreements for professional services for Lake Ralph Hall: (Weighted Capital Vote)
A. Task Order No. 5 with Michael Baker Jr., Inc. (U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ third-party contractor) for preparation of the Final Environmental Impact Statement.
B. Contract and Task Order No. 1 with AR Consultants, Inc. related to Cultural Resource Surveys for the project.
- Consider approval of Task Order No. 2 to existing contract with Freese & Nichols, Inc. for final design and bidding services of the dam and spillway for Lake Ralph Hall. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Consider approval of contracts and task orders related to technical review of the dam and spillway design for Lake Ralph Hall. (Weighted Capital Vote)
A. Contract and Task Order No. 1 - Gregory Geotechnical
B. Contract and Task Order No. 1 - Cyganiewicz Geotechnical, LLC
C. Contract and Task Order No. 1 - Tullis Engineering Consultants
- Consider approval of Contract and Task Order No. 1 with RJN Group, Inc. to perform force main valve inspection / repair, hydraulic modeling and assist in development of system operational guidelines for the Lakeview Water Reclamation System. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Consider award of contract to Acadia Services, LLC for Regional Treated Water System improvements consisting of Stone Hill Pump Station tank cleaning, valve and meter replacement and certain pipeline improvements at Teasley Lane and approve related budget amendment. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Consider actions related to the District giving consent for requested assignment to Mustang Special Utility District of Participating Member Contract and a portion of the retail system of City of Aubrey. (Weighted Capital Vote)
A. Resolution consenting to assumption of existing regional wastewater contract with Aubrey, and to the assignment and conveyance of a portion of Aubrey’s retail wastewater system (related to the Winn Ridge Development) and, the District’s acceptance of certain facilities previously constructed by Aubrey.
B. Amendment to existing regional wastewater contract with Mustang acknowledging transfer and assignment of the Aubrey Contract for Mustang to provide retail wastewater service to the Winn Ridge Development.
- Consider actions regarding the adjustment of District facilities in conflict with the City of Corinth’s Lake Sharon Drive Extension Project. (Weighted Capital Vote)
A. Amendment to Interlocal Agreement with Corinth regarding relocation of District facilities in advance of construction of the Lake Sharon Drive Expansion Project.
B. Resolution finding and declaring an emergency to complete the relocation of the District’s facilities in conflict with Corinth’s Lake Sharon Extension Project and authorizing the expenditures for performance of said work.
- Executive Session concerning granting or acquisition of easements, rights-of-way and other property for Water Resource Development or for Regional Treated Water System, pursuant to Texas Government Code, Section 551.072, according to location maps of the projects available in the District Office; and regarding water rights and related permits; for discussion of security matters pursuant to Texas Government Code, Section 551.076; and, regarding General Counsel and Executive Director’s review of legal implications for the relocation of a District water pipeline; and, meeting with legal counsel pursuant to Texas Government Code, Section 551.071, relative to a matter in which the attorney is required under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct to convey advice in Executive Session.
- Consider action on property matters, some of which may have been discussed in Executive Session. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Review potential agenda items, activities and announcements for future Board meetings.
- Visitor Comments Concerning Non-Agenda Topics. (Residents who desire to address the Board must complete a Speaker’s Request Form and return it to the Board Secretary. Each speaker will be limited to three (3) minutes. To provide all visitors an opportunity to speak, the President may request speakers to avoid repetitious remarks. In accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Members of the Board are not authorized to discuss items not on the posted agenda.)