- Board Meetings
- Agenda Items
Meetings of the Board of Directors
Click the Agenda Items tab above for Board packet information
The Board of Directors of Upper Trinity Regional Water District hold regular meetings, typically on the first Thursday of each month. Normally, the meeting starts at 1:00 PM. Residents have an opportunity to speak to the Board of Directors regarding items on the agenda during a period at the beginning of each meeting. In addition, residents may speak on other items at the end of the meeting.
The official agenda for each meeting of the Board of Directors is posted at the Denton County Courthouse and at the Offices of the District. The electronic copy contained herein is provided for general information only. In the event of a discrepancy between the electronic version and the posted agenda, the posted agenda shall prevail.
To download an individual item, please click the highlighted item.
NOTICE OF MEETING
UPPER TRINITY REGIONAL WATER DISTRICT
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
THURSDAY, July 6, 2017 AT 12:30 P.M.
UPPER TRINITY REGIONAL WATER DISTRICT
BOARD MEETING ROOM
900 N. KEALY
LEWISVILLE, TX 75057
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that there will be a Board Meeting of the Upper Trinity Regional Water District at the above date, time, and location. The matters to be considered and acted
upon at the Board Meeting are set forth below:
WORK SESSION - - To discuss agenda items and related matters of interest to the Board of Directors.
REGULAR SESSION BOARD MEETING
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call and confirm Quorum
3. Pledge of Allegiance and Invocation
4. Oath of Office
5. Opening Remarks:
A. President’s Remarks concerning conduct of the meeting, posted agenda items, committee assignments, and related matters.
B. Executive Director’s Status Report about legislation and regulatory matters, about budgets, current projects and on-going programs of the District, including: the Regional Water System, Water Resource Development, Regional Water Reclamation Systems, Watershed Protection and Water Conservation.
C. Presentations about awards, recognitions, achievements, etc. of the District, Board Members, Member Entities and Staff.
- Visitor Comments Concerning Agenda Topics. (Residents who desire to address the Board must complete a Speaker’s Request Form and return it to the Board Secretary. Each speaker will be limited to three (3) minutes per agenda topic.To enable the conduct of business and to allow all topics to be covered, the President may limit the number of speakers per agenda item.)
CONSENT AGENDA *
- Adopt minutes of June 1, 2017 Board Meeting.
- Accept Monthly Management Report for the period ended May 31, 2017.
- Authorize the Executive Director to enter into an agreement with Hach Company for annual service plans for Hach process control instrumentation and lab equipment at each District Plant.
- Authorize the Executive Director to enter into agreement with:
A. Garland / DBS, Inc. for installation of exterior metal wall panels on the upper and lower levels of Raw Water Intake Pump Station.
B. Garland / DBS, Inc. for installation of new roof on the Tom Harpool membrane building.
- Authorize Executive Director to enter into a pricing agreement with GE Grid Solutions, LLC to provide protection relay installation and programming services at various locations throughout the District.
* Any Board Member may request an item on the Consent Agenda to be taken up for individual consideration
ITEMS FOR INDIVIDUAL CONSIDERATION
- Accept Report from Springsted, Inc. for implementation concerning Job Classification and Employee Compensation Study of staff positions.
- Receive Staff report regarding projections of growth and increased wastewater flows in the Doe Branch service area and authorize staff to begin planning the necessary steps for a project to expand capacity at the Doe Branch Water Reclamation Plant.
- Consider approval of contract matters related to modifications and relocation of District facilities affected by TxDOT highway improvements on FM 720 from approximately Martop Road north to US 380. (Weighted Capital Vote)
A. Accept proposed change order and close existing contract with JQ Infrastructure, LLC for professional services related to design and construction of necessary improvements to District pipelines.
B. Task Order No. 4 to existing contract with Huitt-Zollars, Inc. for professional services related to investigation, design and construction of District water pipelines, and including an appropriate Budget Amendment.
- Consider approval of Purchase Order to Johnston Technical Services, Inc. (JTS) for installation of microwave radio equipment, tower construction / erection, and antennae connection and alignment to provide a secondary communications path for strategic District facilities in the event of failure of primary (fiber optics) communications. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Executive Session concerning granting or acquisition of easements, rights-of-way and other property for Water Resource Development, for Regional Treated Water System or for Regional Water Reclamation Systems according to location maps of the projects available in the District Office, and regarding water rights and related permits pursuant to Texas Government Code, Section 551.072; and, meeting with legal counsel pursuant to Texas Government Code, Section 551.071 relative to a matter in which the attorney is required under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct to convey advice in Executive Session.
- Consider action on property matters, some of which may have been discussed in Executive Session. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Review potential agenda items, activities and announcements for future Board meetings.
- Visitor Comments Concerning Non-Agenda Topics. (Residents who desire to address the Board must complete a Speaker’s Request Form and return it to the Board Secretary. Each speaker will be limited to three (3) minutes. To provide all visitors an opportunity to speak, the President may request speakers to avoid repetitious remarks. In accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Members of the Board are not authorized to discuss items not on the posted agenda.)