- Board Meetings
- Agenda Items
Meetings of the Board of Directors
Click the Agenda Items tab above for Board packet information
The Board of Directors of Upper Trinity Regional Water District hold regular meetings, typically on the first Thursday of each month. Normally, the meeting starts at 1:00 PM. Residents have an opportunity to speak to the Board of Directors regarding items on the agenda during a period at the beginning of each meeting. In addition, residents may speak on other items at the end of the meeting.
The official agenda for each meeting of the Board of Directors is posted at the Denton County Courthouse and at the Offices of the District. The electronic copy contained herein is provided for general information only. In the event of a discrepancy between the electronic version and the posted agenda, the posted agenda shall prevail.
To download an individual item, please click the highlighted item.
NOTICE OF MEETING
UPPER TRINITY REGIONAL WATER DISTRICT
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
THURSDAY, June 7, 2018 AT 12:30 P.M.
UPPER TRINITY REGIONAL WATER DISTRICT
BOARD MEETING ROOM
900 N. KEALY
LEWISVILLE, TX 75057
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that there will be a Board Meeting of the Upper Trinity Regional Water District at the above date, time, and location. The matters to be considered and acted
upon at the Board Meeting are set forth below:
WORK SESSION - - To discuss agenda items and related matters of interest to the Board of Directors.
A. Overview of Preliminary Rates & Charges for FY 2019.
REGULAR SESSION BOARD MEETING
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call and confirm Quorum
3. Pledge of Allegiance and Invocation
4. Opening Remarks:
A. President’s Remarks concerning current events, conduct of the meeting, posted agenda items, committee assignments, and related matters.
B. Executive Director’s Status Report about legislation and regulatory matters, about budgets, current projects and on-going programs of the District, including: the Regional Water System, Water Resource Development, Regional Water Reclamation Systems, Watershed Protection and Water Conservation.
C. Presentations about awards, recognitions, achievements, etc. of the District, Board Members, Member Entities and Staff.
- Visitor Comments Concerning Agenda Topics. (Residents who desire to address the Board must complete a Speaker’s Request Form and return it to the Board Secretary. Each speaker will be limited to three (3) minutes per agenda topic. To enable the conduct of business and to allow all topics to be covered, the President may limit the number of speakers per agenda item.)
CONSENT AGENDA *
- Adopt minutes of May 3, 2018 Board Meeting.
- Accept Monthly Management Report for the period ended April 30, 2018.
- Authorize staff to forward preliminary estimates of fees and charges for next fiscal year (FY 2019) to Members and Customers.
- Authorize the Executive Director to enter into pricing agreements with Brenntag Southwest, Inc. for Liquid Sodium Hydroxide 50%; and, with FSTI, Inc. for Liquid Sodium Hydroxide 25% and Sodium Chloride.
* Any Board Member may request an item on the Consent Agenda to be taken up for individual consideration
ITEMS FOR INDIVIDUAL CONSIDERATION
- Consider Approval of Member Contract with Town of Northlake for Participation in Regional Treated Water System. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Consider Bond Resolution calling certain outstanding Northeast Regional Water Reclamation System Revenue Bonds for redemption and defeasance; authorizing the deposit of the funds with the Paying Agent/Registrar; and resolving other matters thereto. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Capital Projects for Regional Treated Water System: (Weighted Capital Vote)
A. Consider approval of Contract and Task Order No. 1 with CP&Y, Inc. related to Program Surveying Services for Lake Ralph Hall.
B. Consider approval of Contract and Task Order No. 1 with Alan Plummer Associates, Inc. for Design of the Parallel Pipeline from Taylor Water Treatment Plant to Stone Hill Pump Station.
- Consider Resolutions for Interim Financing of the Doe Branch Water Reclamation Plant Expansion: (Weighted Capital Vote)
A. Resolution authorizing use of current funds via a loan from the Regional Treated Water System Non-Bond Capital Reserve to provide preliminary funding for the Doe Branch Plant expansion project.
B. Resolution to enable reimbursement of funds from future bond proceeds for the Doe Branch Plant expansion project.
- Expansion of Doe Branch Water Reclamation Plant: (Weighted Capital Vote)
A. Accept the planning phase report by Freese and Nichols, Inc. concerning the proposed expansion.
B. Consider approval of Task Order No. 2 with Freese and Nichols, Inc. for design and construction phase services for the proposed expansion to 4.0 mgd, including a budget amendment.
- Authorize the Executive Director to enter into a pricing agreement with Diamond Fiberglass for the purchase and installation of a fiberglass reinforced plastic (FRP) chemical storage tank at the Tom Harpool Water Treatment Plant. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Executive Session concerning granting or acquisition of easements, rights-of-way and other property for Water Resource Development, for Regional Treated Water System or for Regional Water Reclamation Systems according to location maps of the projects available in the District Office, and regarding water rights and related permits pursuant to Texas Government Code, Section 551.072; and, meeting with legal counsel pursuant to Texas Government Code, Section 551.071 relative to a matter in which the attorney is required under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct to convey advice in Executive Session.
- Consider action on property matters, some of which may have been discussed in Executive Session. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Review potential agenda items, activities and announcements for future Board meetings.
- Visitor Comments Concerning Non-Agenda Topics. (Residents who desire to address the Board must complete a Speaker’s Request Form and return it to the Board Secretary. Each speaker will be limited to three (3) minutes. To provide all visitors an opportunity to speak, the President may request speakers to avoid repetitious remarks. In accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Members of the Board are not authorized to discuss items not on the posted agenda.)