- Board Meetings
- Agenda Items
Meetings of the Board of Directors
Click the Agenda Items tab above for Board packet information
The Board of Directors of Upper Trinity Regional Water District hold regular meetings, typically on the first Thursday of each month. Normally, the meeting starts at 1:00 PM. Residents have an opportunity to speak to the Board of Directors regarding items on the agenda during a period at the beginning of each meeting. In addition, residents may speak on other items at the end of the meeting.
The official agenda for each meeting of the Board of Directors is posted at the Denton County Courthouse and at the Offices of the District. The electronic copy contained herein is provided for general information only. In the event of a discrepancy between the electronic version and the posted agenda, the posted agenda shall prevail.
To download an individual item, please click the highlighted item.
NOTICE OF MEETING
UPPER TRINITY REGIONAL WATER DISTRICT
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
THURSDAY, MAY 4, 2017 AT 12:30 P.M.
UPPER TRINITY REGIONAL WATER DISTRICT
BOARD MEETING ROOM
900 N. KEALY
LEWISVILLE, TX 75057
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that there will be a Board Meeting of the Upper Trinity Regional Water District at the above date, time, and location. The matters to be considered and acted
upon at the Board Meeting are set forth below:
WORK SESSION - - To discuss agenda items and related matters of interest to the Board of Directors.
A. Briefing on Bond Coverage for Regional Systems
REGULAR SESSION BOARD MEETING
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call and confirm Quorum
3. Pledge of Allegiance and Invocation
4. Opening Remarks:
A. President’s Remarks concerning conduct of the meeting, posted agenda items, committee assignments, and related matters.
B. Executive Director’s Status Report about legislation and regulatory matters, about budgets, current projects and on-going programs of the District, including: the Regional Water System, Water Resource Development, Regional Water Reclamation Systems, Watershed Protection and Water Conservation.
C. Presentations about awards, recognitions, achievements, etc. of the District, Board Members, Member Entities and Staff.
- Visitor Comments Concerning Agenda Topics. (Residents who desire to address the Board must complete a Speaker’s Request Form and return it to the Board Secretary. Each speaker will be limited to three (3) minutes per agenda topic. A thirty (30) minute allotment is set for all speakers on agenda topics. To enable the conduct of business and to allow all topics to be covered, the President may limit the number of speakers per agenda item.)
CONSENT AGENDA *
- Adopt minutes of April 6, 2017 Board Meeting.
- Accept Monthly Management Report for the period ended February 29, 2017.
- Accept Quarterly Investment Report for the period ending March 31, 2017.
- Authorize Executive Director to enter into a price agreement with Spongecell for media advertising related to the District’s Water Conservation and Watershed Protection education and outreach programs.
- Accept ownership of the two pipelines that were relocated by the City of Lewisville for the Windhaven Parkway Project.
- Consider reappointment of two Trustees on the Board of Trustees for the Upper Trinity Conservation Trust.
* Any Board Member may request an item on the Consent Agenda to be taken up for individual consideration
ITEMS FOR INDIVIDUAL CONSIDERATION
- Consider approval of Amendments to Participation Contracts with Mustang SUD concerning the extension of water and wastewater services to northwest portion of Mustang’s service area: (Weighted Capital Vote)
A. Northeast Regional Water Reclamation System (Riverbend Plant) contract for extension of wastewater pipeline and construction of new Point of Entry with metering facilities.
B. Regional Treated Water System contract for extension of water transmission pipeline and construction of new Point of Delivery with metering facilities, including an increase in subscribed capacity.
- Consider authorizations related to completion of contracts for Southwest Pipeline Phase 3 and Inline Booster Pump Stations. (Weighted Capital Vote)
A. Resolution authorizing acceptance of completed work, approval of final change order, final payment and release of retainage for construction contract awarded to Lewis Constructors, Inc.
B. Authorization for increase in fee under Task Order No. 3 with CH2M Hill, Inc. for construction phase services.
- Executive Session concerning granting or acquisition of easements, rights-of-way and other property for Water Resource Development, for Regional Treated Water System or for Regional Water Reclamation Systems according to location maps of the projects available in the District Office, and regarding water rights and related permits pursuant to Texas Government Code, Section 551.072; and, concerning personnel matters and succession planning for executive director pursuant to Texas Government Code, Section 551.074; and meeting with legal counsel pursuant to Texas Government Code, Section 551.071 relative to a matter in which the attorney is required under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct to convey advice in Executive Session.
- Consider action on property matters, some of which may have been discussed in Executive Session. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- As an element of succession planning, consider designation of person for future Executive Director.
- Election of Officers for the year beginning June 1, 2017.
- Review potential agenda items, activities and announcements for future Board meetings.
- Visitor Comments Concerning Non-Agenda Topics. (Residents who desire to address the Board must complete a Speaker’s Request Form and return it to the Board Secretary. Each speaker will be limited to three (3) minutes. To provide all visitors an opportunity to speak, the President may request speakers to avoid repetitious remarks. In accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Members of the Board are not authorized to discuss items not on the posted agenda.)