- Board Meetings
- Agenda Items
Meetings of the Board of Directors
Click the Agenda Items tab above for Board packet information
The Board of Directors of Upper Trinity Regional Water District hold regular meetings, typically on the first Thursday of each month. Normally, the meeting starts at 1:00 PM. Residents have an opportunity to speak to the Board of Directors regarding items on the agenda during a period at the beginning of each meeting. In addition, residents may speak on other items at the end of the meeting.
The official agenda for each meeting of the Board of Directors is posted at the Denton County Courthouse and at the Offices of the District. The electronic copy contained herein is provided for general information only. In the event of a discrepancy between the electronic version and the posted agenda, the posted agenda shall prevail.
NOTICE OF MEETING
UPPER TRINITY REGIONAL WATER DISTRICT
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 5, 2019 AT 12:30 P.M.
UPPER TRINITY REGIONAL WATER DISTRICT
BOARD MEETING ROOM
900 N. KEALY
LEWISVILLE, TX 75057
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that there will be a Board Meeting of the Upper Trinity Regional Water District at the above date, time, and location. The matters to be considered and acted
upon at the Board Meeting are set forth below:
WORK SESSION - - To discuss agenda items and related matters of interest to the Board of Directors.
A. Briefing: Proposed Operating Budgets & Rates (FY2019-2020)
B. Briefing: Proposed Capital Improvements Budget (FY2019-2020)
REGULAR SESSION BOARD MEETING
- Call to Order
- Roll Call and confirm Quorum
- Pledge of Allegiance and Invocation
- Oath of Office
- Opening Remarks:
A. President’s Remarks concerning current events, conduct of the meeting, posted agenda items, committee assignments, and related matters.
B. Executive Director’s Status Report about legislation and regulatory matters, about budgets, current projects and on-going programs of the District, including: the Regional Water System, Water Resource Development, Regional Water Reclamation Systems, Watershed Protection and Water Conservation.
C. Presentations about awards, recognitions, achievements, etc. of the District, Board Members, Member Entities and Staff.
- Visitor Comments Concerning Agenda Topics. (Residents who desire to address the Board must complete a Speaker’s Request Form and return it to the Board Secretary. Each speaker will be limited to three (3) minutes per agenda topic. To enable the conduct of business and to allow all topics to be covered, the President may limit the number of speakers per agenda item.)
CONSENT AGENDA *
- Adopt minutes of August 1, 2019 Board Meeting.
- Accept Monthly Management Report for the period ended July 31, 2019.
- Authorize advertising for construction bids for Installation of Additional Membranes, Chemical Storage Tanks and Electrical Improvements at the Harpool WTP.
- Authorize advertising a Request for Qualifications for Professional Engineering Services relating to General Engineering Consultant – Lake Ralph Hall Conveyance System.
- Authorize the Executive Director to enter into a pricing agreement with Cherokee Painting and Sandblasting, Inc. for the rehabilitation of a Sludge Holding Tank at the Riverbend Water Reclamation Plant.
- Ratify emergency purchase for the repair of motor on District’s High Service Pump No. 7 at the Taylor Water Treatment Plant.
* Any Board Member may request an item on the Consent Agenda to be taken up for individual consideration.
ITEMS FOR INDIVIDUAL CONSIDERATION
- Consider Adoption of Rates for Services Provided by the District:
- Wholesale Rates for Regional Treated Water System
- Wholesale Rates for Lakeview Regional Water Reclamation System
- Wholesale Rates for Northeast Water Reclamation System
- Wholesale Rates for Peninsula Water Reclamation Plant
- Wholesale Rates for Non-Potable Water Service
- Rates for Collection of Household Hazardous Waste
- Administrative/Planning and Growth Program Fees (Approved By Budget Adoption)
- Consider Adoption of Budgets for Fiscal Year 2019-2020:
- Operating Budgets
- Capital Improvement Budgets
- Budget for Upper Trinity Conservation Trust
- Receive presentation of 5-year Rate Forecast for the Regional Treated Water System (RTWS).
- Consider approval of Financing Agreement with the Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) for SWIFT funding for the Regional Treated Water System – Board Participation for the Lake Ralph Hall Project. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Consider approval of Financing Agreement with the Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) for SWIFT funding for the Regional Treated Water System – 2nd issue of Bonds for the Parallel Pipeline Project from the Taylor Treatment Plant to the Stonehill Pump Station. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Consider proposed Resolution authorizing an amended and restated Letter of Credit and Reimbursement Agreement (LOC) with Bank of America to extend the use of Commercial Paper financing for the Regional Treated Water System. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Consider award of contract to Archer Western Construction, LLC for construction of Sidestream Ozone Rehabilitation at the Taylor Water Treatment Plant. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Consider approval of Task Order No. 2 with Halff Associates, Inc. for professional services related to relocations and modifications of District’s water and wastewater facilities along US 380 between US 377 and the Collin County Line as a result of TxDOT’s roadway improvement project. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Consider approval of Task Order No. 3 with Halff Associates, Inc. related to design and construction services for upsizing and relocation of District’s 18-inch water transmission pipeline along FM 2181 in the City of Denton.
(Weighted Capital Vote)
- Authorize the Executive Director to enter into an agreement with Wunderlic-Malec Engineering for services to complete Part 1 of the upgrade for the District’s SCADA system.
- Executive Session concerning granting or acquisition of easements, rights-of-way and other property for Water Resource Development or for Regional Treated Water System, pursuant to Texas Government Code, Section 551.072, according to location maps of the projects available in the District Office; and regarding water rights and related permits; for discussion of security matters pursuant to Texas Government Code, Section 551.076; and, regarding General Counsel and Executive Director’s review of legal implications for the relocation of a District water pipeline; and, meeting with legal counsel pursuant to Texas Government Code, Section 551.071, relative to a matter in which the attorney is required under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct to convey advice in Executive Session.
- Consider action on property matters, some of which may have been discussed in Executive Session. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Review potential agenda items, activities and announcements for future Board meetings
- Visitor Comments Concerning Non-Agenda Topics. (Residents who desire to address the Board must complete a Speaker’s Request Form and return it to the Board Secretary. Each speaker will be limited to three (3) minutes. To provide all visitors an opportunity to speak, the President may request speakers to avoid repetitious remarks. In accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Members of the Board are not authorized to discuss items not on the posted agenda.)