- Board Meetings
- Agenda Items
Meetings of the Board of Directors
Click the Agenda Items tab above for Board packet information
The Board of Directors of Upper Trinity Regional Water District hold regular meetings, typically on the first Thursday of each month. Normally, the meeting starts at 1:00 PM. Residents have an opportunity to speak to the Board of Directors regarding items on the agenda during a period at the beginning of each meeting. In addition, residents may speak on other items at the end of the meeting.
The official agenda for each meeting of the Board of Directors is posted at the Denton County Courthouse and at the Offices of the District. The electronic copy contained herein is provided for general information only. In the event of a discrepancy between the electronic version and the posted agenda, the posted agenda shall prevail.
NOTICE OF MEETING
UPPER TRINITY REGIONAL WATER DISTRICT
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2019 AT 12:30 P.M.
UPPER TRINITY REGIONAL WATER DISTRICT
BOARD MEETING ROOM
900 N. KEALY
LEWISVILLE, TX 75057
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that there will be a Board Meeting of the Upper Trinity Regional Water District at the above date, time, and location. The matters to be considered and acted
upon at the Board Meeting are set forth below:
WORK SESSION - - To discuss agenda items and related matters of interest to the Board of Directors.
A. Update: Water Reclamation Plant Bio-Solids Disposal Operations
B. Update: External Audit Activities
REGULAR SESSION BOARD MEETING
- Call to Order
- Roll Call and confirm Quorum
- Pledge of Allegiance and Invocation
- Opening Remarks:
A. President’s Remarks concerning current events, conduct of the meeting, posted agenda items, committee assignments, and related matters.
B. Executive Director’s Status Report about legislation and regulatory matters, about budgets, current projects and on-going programs of the District, including: the Regional Water System, Water Resource Development, Regional Water Reclamation Systems, Watershed Protection and Water Conservation.
C. Presentations about awards, recognitions, achievements, etc. of the District, Board Members, Member Entities and Staff.
- Visitor Comments Concerning Agenda Topics. (Residents who desire to address the Board must complete a Speaker’s Request Form and return it to the Board Secretary. Each speaker will be limited to three (3) minutes per agenda topic. To enable the conduct of business and to allow all topics to be covered, the President may limit the number of speakers per agenda item.)
CONSENT AGENDA *
- Adopt minutes of September 5, 2019 Board Meeting.
- Accept Monthly Management Report for the period ended August 31, 2019.
- Consider approval of an Engagement Letter with Deloitte & Touche LLP, external auditor, to conduct the District’s FY 2019 annual financial audit.
- Authorize the Executive Director to enter into a pricing agreement with Republic Services for the Transportation and Disposal of Bio-Solids.
- Authorize the Executive Director to enter into a pricing agreement with:
- Chemtrade Chemicals US, LLC for the purchase of Aluminum Sulfate.
- Polydine, Inc. for the purchase of Liquid Polydiallydimethy/Ammonium Chloride
- Receive report of construction change orders approved by staff.
* Any Board Member may request an item on the Consent Agenda to be taken up for individual consideration.
ITEMS FOR INDIVIDUAL CONSIDERATION
- Consider approval of the proposed Resolution and Master Agreement for Texas Water Development Board “Board Participation” in Lake Ralph Hall funding, as previously approved in the amount of $30,000,000. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Consider Bond Resolution authorizing the issuance and sale of Upper Trinity Regional Water District Regional Treated Water Supply System Revenue Bonds, Series 2019 in an Aggregate Principal Amount of $18,640,000 related to financial assistance from the Texas Water Development Board (for Water System Parallel Pipeline Project). (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Consider certain special strategies for the development of Lake Ralph Hall. (Weighted Capital Vote)
A. Authorize Staff to proceed with a Progressive Design-Build procurement method for the Roadway Relocations necessary for development of Lake Ralph Hall.
B. Authorize staff to proceed with a Competitive Sealed Proposal procurement for a Full Service Provider Contractor to implement the mitigation plan for Lake Ralph Hall.
- Consider approval of a Reimbursement Agreement with Energy Transfer Partners regarding Design of the relocation of a Gas Transmission Pipeline in conflict with the Lake Ralph Hall project. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Consider award of contract to Eagle Contracting, L.P. for construction of Phase 2 Expansion at Doe Branch Water Reclamation Plant.(Weighted Capital Vote)
- Consider Resolution authorizing acceptance of completed work, approval of final payment and release of retainage for construction contract awarded to Atkins Brothers Equipment Company, Inc. for Proposed Treated Water Pipeline Relocations and Modifications Along FM 720. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Executive Session concerning granting or acquisition of easements, rights-of-way and other property for Water Resource Development or for Regional Treated Water System, pursuant to Texas Government Code, Section 551.072, according to location maps of the projects available in the District Office; and regarding water rights and related permits; for discussion of security matters pursuant to Texas Government Code, Section 551.076; and, regarding General Counsel and Executive Director’s review of legal implications for the relocation of a District water pipeline; and, meeting with legal counsel pursuant to Texas Government Code, Section 551.071, relative to a matter in which the attorney is required under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct to convey advice in Executive Session.
- Consider action on property matters, some of which may have been discussed in Executive Session. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Review potential agenda items, activities and announcements for future Board meetings
- Visitor Comments Concerning Non-Agenda Topics. (Residents who desire to address the Board must complete a Speaker’s Request Form and return it to the Board Secretary. Each speaker will be limited to three (3) minutes. To provide all visitors an opportunity to speak, the President may request speakers to avoid repetitious remarks. In accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Members of the Board are not authorized to discuss items not on the posted agenda.)