- Board Meetings
- Agenda Items
Meetings of the Board of Directors
Click the Agenda Items tab above for Board packet information
The Board of Directors of Upper Trinity Regional Water District hold regular meetings, typically on the first Thursday of each month. Normally, the meeting starts at 1:00 PM. Residents have an opportunity to speak to the Board of Directors regarding items on the agenda during a period at the beginning of each meeting. In addition, residents may speak on other items at the end of the meeting.
The official agenda for each meeting of the Board of Directors is posted at the Denton County Courthouse and at the Offices of the District. The electronic copy contained herein is provided for general information only. In the event of a discrepancy between the electronic version and the posted agenda, the posted agenda shall prevail.
NOTICE OF MEETING
UPPER TRINITY REGIONAL WATER DISTRICT
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
THURSDAY, AUGUST 1, 2019 AT 12:30 P.M.
UPPER TRINITY REGIONAL WATER DISTRICT
BOARD MEETING ROOM
900 N. KEALY
LEWISVILLE, TX 75057
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that there will be a Board Meeting of the Upper Trinity Regional Water District at the above date, time, and location. The matters to be considered and acted
upon at the Board Meeting are set forth below:
WORK SESSION - - To discuss agenda items and related matters of interest to the Board of Directors.
A. Review Preliminary Capital Improvements Budget for FY 2019 - 2020.
REGULAR SESSION BOARD MEETING
- Call to Order
- Roll Call and confirm Quorum
- Pledge of Allegiance and Invocation
- Oath of Office
- Opening Remarks:
A. President’s Remarks concerning current events, conduct of the meeting, posted agenda items, committee assignments, and related matters.
B. Executive Director’s Status Report about legislation and regulatory matters, about budgets, current projects and on-going programs of the District, including: the Regional Water System, Water Resource Development, Regional Water Reclamation Systems, Watershed Protection and Water Conservation.
C. Presentations about awards, recognitions, achievements, etc. of the District, Board Members, Member Entities and Staff.
- Visitor Comments Concerning Agenda Topics. (Residents who desire to address the Board must complete a Speaker’s Request Form and return it to the Board Secretary. Each speaker will be limited to three (3) minutes per agenda topic. To enable the conduct of business and to allow all topics to be covered, the President may limit the number of speakers per agenda item.)
CONSENT AGENDA *
- Adopt minutes of July 11, 2019 Board Meeting.
- Accept Monthly Management Report for the period ended June 30, 2019.
- Accept Quarterly Investment Report for the period ended June 30, 2019.
- Authorize the Executive Director to enter into pricing agreements with:
A. U.S. Peroxide, LLC for the purchase of odor control chemicals and related services for the Lakeview Water Reclamation System.
B. Quality Magnetite, LLC for the purchase of Magnetite for use in the wastewater treatment process at the Riverbend Water Reclamation Plant.
C. Brenntag Southwest. Inc. for the purchase of Liquid Aluminum Chlorohydrate for use in the water treatment process at the Harpool Water Treatment Plant.
- Authorize advertising for bids for Ozone Rehabilitation at the Taylor WTP.
* Any Board Member may request an item on the Consent Agenda to be taken up for individual consideration.
ITEMS FOR INDIVIDUAL CONSIDERATION
- Consider adoption of a Bond Resolution authorizing the Issuance of Upper Trinity Regional Water District Regional Treated Water Supply System Revenue Refunding Bonds in an aggregate principal amount not to exceed $20,250,000; providing for the security and payment thereof; providing for the award of the sale thereof in accordance with specified parameters; authorizing the execution and delivery of a purchase contract, a paying agent/registrar agreement, and an escrow agreement; approving the preparation of an official statement with respect to the bonds; and enacting other provisions relating thereto. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Consider a Resolution of the Board of Directors of the Upper Trinity Regional Water District authorizing and expressing intent to reimburse expenditures made from District sources for certain improvements to the Regional Treated Water System.
- Receive update and take appropriate action which may include ratifying emergency purchase for the repair of District's 36-inch Treated Water Transmission Pipeline from Harpool WTP and approving associated budget amendment.
- Consider a resolution authorizing Executive Director to execute a Collection Agreement with the U.S. Forest Service relative to a pending land exchange for real-estate for Lake Ralph Hall.
(Weighted Capital Vote)
- Executive Session concerning granting or acquisition of easements, rights-of-way and other property for Water Resource Development or for Regional Treated Water System, pursuant to Texas Government Code, Section 551.072, according to location maps of the projects available in the District Office; and regarding water rights and related permits; for discussion of security matters pursuant to Texas Government Code, Section 551.076; and, regarding General Counsel and Executive Director's review of legal implications for the relocation of a District water pipeline; and, meeting with legal counsel pursuant to Texas Government Code, Section 551.071, relative to a matter in which the attorney is required under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct to convey advice in Executive Session.
- Consider action on property matters, some of which may have been discussed in Executive Session. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Review potential agenda items, activities and announcements for future Board meetings.
- Visitor Comments Concerning Non-Agenda Topics. (Residents who desire to address the Board must complete a Speaker’s Request Form and return it to the Board Secretary. Each speaker will be limited to three (3) minutes. To provide all visitors an opportunity to speak, the President may request speakers to avoid repetitious remarks. In accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Members of the Board are not authorized to discuss items not on the posted agenda.)